Rangers Recap: Sunset in Sunrise; Rangers Blanked by Panthers

After shutting out the Panthers back in November in South Florida, Tomas Vokoun and the Cats returned the favor tonight by defeating the Rangers tonight by the same 3-0 score.

The Rangers played an ugly, boring, uninspiring game that looked like they had turned back the clock to last January.

Add Christopher Higgins to the list of ex-Rangers who have come back to haunt them this season by scoring a goal in the third period.

Vokoun made 32 saves, David Booth and Stephen Weiss had the other goals for the Panthers.

Ruslan Fedotenko became the latest Ranger shot blocking casualty when he went down in the first period with an apparent hand injury and did not return.

I didn't really have any issue with Martin Biron tonight, he looked ok to me, defensive lapses were the killer tonight.

While most New Yorkers enjoy traveling to Florida during the winter, the Rangers are probably leaving as fast as they possibly can. The Blueshirts return home to face Carolina on Wednesday before hitting the road again next weekend.

Sorry for the short recap, not much to say about this one except that all of a sudden the Rangers have dropped four of six, and they need to get it going.

For more on the game, check out the Rangers vs Panthers recap

Litter Box Cats