FanPost

Christensen & Zuccarello A Possible 1-2 Shootout Punch

We all know that the Shootout has been seen as something fun for the fans, but a gimick against those who love the game as a purist. I persoanlly believe that the points can distributed differently for those who win or lose, but one thing is for sure. Henrik is the King of the Shootouts in the net and you have two players that are successful in it.

When Erik Christensen was healthy he was a terror going against the opposition's goalies. He has worked on several different moves to get that puck in the net to give the Rangers a lead or to tie it up depending on who is going first. Since his knee injury I have been worried about who is going to be the guy to set up the Rangers to take that lead in the shootout. Well I'm not worried anymore since the call-up of Mats Zuccarello Aasen from the Connecticut Whale/Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL.

The 11 round shootout loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning at Madison Square Garden showed us the type of moves Zuccarello has and how he is able to fake the goalies skates off. Since the shootout wins in Dallas & in Atlanta Zuccarello has show plenty of paitence, poise & ready to spring into action when he gets close to the net.

When Christensen returns to the lineup from his knee injury he suffered against the New Jersey Devils at the rock, I expect John Tortorella to pencil in his shootout card 1. Christensen 2. Zuccarello. And watch the opposing goalies shake in the crease with fear. I understand Torts is not a fan of it, but if you have the King in net and these two giving the Rangers a second point after 60 minutes of regulation and 5 minutes of overtime. The shootout will be a better time for the team and their dominance of it will be fun again.