Rangers News and Notes and Stuff

NEW YORK NY - DECEMBER 12: Marian Gaborik #10 of the New York Rangers celebrates his second period goal against the Washington Capitals with teammate Marc Staal #18 on December 12 2010 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Rangers playing the Caps on Vs. tonight, which means we are probably stuck with Joe Beninati, which is not unlike listening to two hours of fingernails on a blackboard.

Lots of stuff from Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants, including:

Reading between the lines on what John Tortorella told Jesse Spector, sounds like unless he is lights out, Zots probably shouldn't need more than a few changes of clothes in NYC:

Michael Del Zotto only is back because of Girardi’s injury, and that reports have been that despite seven assists in eight games for the Connecticut Whale, the 20-year-old defenseman has been performing inconsistently.

Caps coach Bruce Boudreau said losing to the Rangers 7-0 at the Garden in December was "The low point in my life", according to the Washington Post. I dunno, Bruce looked pretty disappointed on "24/7" when the Haagen-Daz wouldn't sell him ice cream at 10 AM.

SBNation NY preview of tonight's game

Rangers vs Capitals preview

For more on the Washington Capitals, be sure to check out Japers Rink