FanPost

Eklund gone awry or is this rumor true? IDK

Hockey Buzz is an interesting website when Eklund comes on and tells us of these interesting rumors, such as Richards to Long Island, Devils/Flames in a Blockbuster deal, and others.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/RumorsCanucksRangers-2-for-1-Enstrom-to-Sharks-or-Blue-Jackets-WHY/1/33113

On the website, I found a post about a possible deal involving the Rangers and the Vancouver Canucks.  The deal is a two-for-one deal, where the Rangers will receive a forward and defenseman in exchange for one big-named forward. Now because of Ecklund's reputation amongst the hockey community, I cannot tell whether or not he is being serious.  I am not saying that his rumor is accurate, I just find this proposal to be quite interesting.

For all intensive purposes, let's say that his rumor is 100% accurate.  Who could he be talking about?  Would you do this deal?

My opinion: The Canucks want Marian Gaborik and their intentions are partnering up him with Ryan Kesler and/or the Sedin Twins.  In exchange, the Rangers are going to get either Christian Ehrnoff or Kevin Bieksa on defense and either Alexandre Burrows or Mason Raymond at forward.  Once this deal goes through, the Rangers will be making a lot of interesting transactions.  (JUST AN EXAMPLE on what I think the deal may consist of)

I am not saying that I believe in Eklund's rumors.  I just find this possible deal to be interesting.

Would you make a 2-for-1 deal with Vancouver or not?  If so, what would you do?