FanPost

First Time Blueshirt Fan posting

I come to check the website's articles several times a week just to keep up with the latest info.  Been a fan of the team since 97' +/- a year or so.  I've seen many, many bad seasons.  I think we all are quite enthusiastic about this season and its possibilities for playoff contention.  BUT I'm here to put a different perspective on things and give you the glass half-empty view (I call it realism).  If the playoffs began right now, with the current standings at the all-star break (taking injuries out of the equation), I wouldn't get our hopes up.  Considering 16 teams make the playoffs, 14 don't, we're 11-10-2 vs playoff teams, 18-10-1 vs non-playoff teams.  Meaning we've played more games vs those 14 teams than we have against the 16 contenders, and consequently padded our record.  More specifically we're 6-10-2 against Eastern Conference playoff teams.

I don't get too high on this team, I don't get too low on this team, but realistically I see us as a 1st or 2nd round playoff team with another mid-late round draft position as we have come to expect the past few seasons.