FanPost

Fedotenko Injury Update

Rangers forward Ruslan Fedotenko apparently suffered a deep bruise to his hand while blocking a shot on Sunday against the Florida Panthers. He is currently listed as day-to-day after X-Rays on his hand came back negative. While it is good news for the Rangers that Fedotenko will not miss a lot of games from this injury, it is still a setback for a team that has not showed much life since the new year began. The line of Prust, Boyle, Fedotenko was a fantastic energy line that threw the body around, forechecked ferociously, and created numerous scoring chances. His absence will be noticeable, especially with Callahan, Prospal, Christensen, and Boogaard already out due to injury. I suppose the Rangers will play Todd White in the event that Fedotenko is not ready to go by Wednesday against the Carolina Hurricanes. I would prefer to see a prospect put in the lineup, but the well of competent youth only goes so deep. Grachev and Kennedy could be viable options, but with rookies Zuccarello, Stepan, and Weise already at forward positions it may be sensible to have a veteran presence up front. Also, Kennedy would likely be picked up by another team via waivers.Your thoughts?

Source