FanPost

NHL All Star Game...more awful than we thought?

well, im sure i wont be the first to say how much i hate the way the All-Star Game is looking....

4 of the first 6 announced are all on the Penguins...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=548341

I was optimistic about how this year's game might turn out....but then I soon came to realize that it seems people in Pittsburgh were the single most determined group of tools out there to just totally ruin any chance at this game being interesting.

I honestly can't stand how much of a popularity contest it is, and how people from PA really have nothing better to do with their time.......both Pitt and Philly....

As much as we all hate Cindy, he's maybe the one that really deservest to be on there unfortunately.

Malkin has been injured this season, and though pretty hot lately...still barely breaks the top 40 in scoring so far this season....certainly not deserving of a start in the all star game.

Regarding the rest of them.......hmm no way Kris Letang is the second best defensemen in the league and even Keith isn't top two as far as this season goes so far......i mean Byfuglien (sp) deserves to be in there at the very least.

Toews is pretty damn solid so i cant say much about him....still though a lot more guys out there who should be out there above him....

And don't get me started with Fleury......still don't beleive hes that good.......absolutely more deserving goalies out there....

I've probably gone on rambling on too long.......and i know these are only the first 6 to be announced.....but i just had to get it out of my system......seeing 4/6 being from the Pens just made me want to punch my monitor

I personally think the best way to determine an all star game in the future is to make the starting lines for each conference be based solely who's the best player at their position (stats wise) in their respective conference...

anyone got their ideas on how to make this better.......i know there were a lot of threads out there when the format for this year was announced.....but now i just felt after seeing this first bunch of all stars announced i just had to say something.....

okay...ive gone on long enough......sorry for the long rant here