FanPost

Who will be the lone Rangers' All-Star?

I am curious as to who you think will by the lone Ranger (pun intended) representative at this year's All-Star game? I noticed that ESPN's LeBrun/Burnside chose Gaborik in their mock draft. I personally greatly disagree with this choice as Gaby has missed quite a few games and although his numbers are respectable for the number of games he has played, most Ranger's fans will agree he has been less than stellar this year. I would hate to see the NHL chose Gaborik based on past performance.

I would also hate to see the NHL chose from only those Rangers on the All-Star ballot. Lundqvist has been good, but not unbelievable as he has in the past. It may be a result on the Rangers being able to score this year and Lundqvist not needing to hold the opposition to 2 goals or less every game in order to win. And let's face it, there are more deserving Eastern conference goalies (eg,  Thomas, Pavelec).

Staal has been good but will he be chosen? I personally am voting for Dubinsky. The guy is on pace for 68 points, eclipsing he former total by almost 30 points. He leads the team in goals and assists. He has been pretty consistent and has not disappeared for stretches as he has done in the past. And he has played with everyone and succeeded (eg, Cally, Gaby, Stepan...). I would be quite upset if Dubinsky was not chosen because he is not a household name or simply because he was not a ballot choice. We all know those ballot options lag a year behind.

Thoughts and gripes fellow Blueshirts?