Rangers Recap: Zuccarello Wins It Again For Rangers, 3-2 in Shootout

A thousand pardons for the late recap boys and girls, but I had to watch the game on DVR tonight.

Mats Zuccarello scored his second straight game-winning goal to lead the Rangers to a 3-2 shootout win against the Pacific-leading Dallas Stars. Zuccarello used a combination of moves and speed changes to beat Kari Lehtonen for the only goal in the shootout.

The game went to overtime thanks to Artem Anisimov, who tied the game near the midway point in the third period, a beauty of a slapshot that caromed off the post into the net.

Henrik Lundqvist was sharp tonight, and stopped Jamie Benn, Brad Richards, and Mike Ribeiro in the shootout to seal the deal and give the Rangers their league leading fourteenth road win of the year.

After Brian Sutherby put Dallas on top in the first period, Ruslan Fedotenko tied it up with a shorthanded goal in the second. Ribeiro then gave Dallas a 2-1 lead later in the period, which they held until Anisimov's goal in the third.

Final Thoughts:

Henrik Lundqvist picked up an assist for the second straight game on Anisimov's goal, and while Henrik will never be confused with Brodeur when it comes to puck-handling, it had to be the nicest outlet pass I've ever seen from Hank.

Brandon Dubinsky........awesome.

I thought Ryan McDonagh was shaky early in the game, and seemed to settle down pretty well. I'm guessing he plays again tomorrow night in St. Louis, but we'll see.

Who was the nincompoop with the green gloves banging on the glass all night long?

Another big, big win for this team. On to St. Louis.

I know its a short recap, but it's late and I wanted to get something up for you guys to talk about.