Rangers News: Kris Newbury recalled from Connecticut

Alex Frolov's status is still uncertain, but the Rangers have recalled Kris "Lobster" Newbury from Connecticut. Newbury was acquired late last season from Detroit in exchange for Jordan Owens.

Newbury has four goals and fourteen assists in eighteen games for the Whalepack so far this season.

Other Ranger News (from Blueshirts Blog-NY Daily News)

Ryan Callahan and Vinny Prospal were expected to skate today, but did not. That is not a reflection on the state of their respective recoveries from injury, though. With the Rangers having the day off from practice today, the forwards simply did not go to the training facility to skate alone.

Rangers next game is Tuesday night against Montreal at MSG.