FanPost

Artem Anisimov: Lokomotiv wanted to sign me this summer

Artem Anisimov gave an interesting interview for Russian newspaper Soviet Sport. I'll try to translate it for you.

Artem Anisimov gave an interesting interview for Russian newspaper Soviet Sport. I'll try to translate it for you.

- Not tired of the Crossing Europe?

- Who, me? No! We traveled to four countries, played in hockey - great! I managed to see Prague, we were there for two days. After training, we were walking through the city center. Gothenburg we also liked.

- And what did you see?

- Nothing. The fog was heavy - laughing Anisimov. - Lundqvist showed us the best restaurant in town, we had a team dinner. In Bratislava, we were short-lived.

Stockholm? I came here already with the Russian team when we played on stage before the World Cup Euro Tour2010. I love the old town with its ancient buildings, cobbled streets, small streets and cozy restaurants. Nothing of the kind in America can not be found, because it is a young country.

- And Zurich?

- There I was many times. I train there every summer with my coach.

- Why are you so big lost with Zug?

- We are accustomed to North American hockey, and met with the Swiss on a large "box". We made ​​a couple of stupid mistakes in the defense, missed a pair of goals, that's game and did not go.

- What has changed in team with the arrival of Brad Richards? He's center, your competitor.

- Dubinsky was transferred to Richards line. And I stay to Fedotenko and Callahan.

- This is the second line?

- We have all four lines are of equal level. There is no difference in which to play.

- How did you react to the fact that Sean Ever left the team?

- Surprised.

- Time for these guys over?

- Sean - very good man. Technically, a quick player. The decision was made coach. I am just hockey player.

- Locomotiv was trying to sign you this summer?

- Yes. I received a proposal from them.

- God saved you?

- Probably. I try not to think about. Guys do not come back. We must play for them, they will forever remain in our hearts.

- You arrive in Yaroslavl?

- I was at a funeral. Terribly hard - Artem eyes darken.

- How do you live in New York?

- Great city! In my spare time I like to go to Broadway musicals to watch. It's so wonderful when they sing live! I was on the show "Mamma Mia," "The Lion King," "Phantom of the Opera" ...

I really like our team. We constantly communicate, help each other. There are no differences between the Russian, Slovak or American players. We always have dinner together and visit the other team event. Last season, I lived on the road with a Norwegian Mats Zukkarello. And this is my bro - Anisimov shows a neighbor of the locker room, Brian Boyle.

- Why you don't have a twitter and facebook?

- I do not like social networks. I think it is better to read a book. I have friends who know my phone number. And I can always call them.

- Who is your favorite player?

­- I've always liked the way Joe Sakic played in Colorado. And now I love to watch Pasha Datsyuk. His game is perfect.

- Do you have a nickname?

- In Russia, they called me Grandpa. This is an old story. My friend Sasha Vasyunov, which crashed with the Locomotiv, coined this nickname.

- Why Grandpa?

- Because I was slow and did a lot of pauses in the game.

- And what nickname do you have in the NHL?

- Artie. Because the Americans hard to pronounce Russian names.