New York Rangers News: Sean Avery Reports To Connecticut

We missed the boat on this one, but it's still worth talking about. Recently waiver forward Sean Avery has reported to the Connecticut Whale of the AHL, removing the $1.9 million cap hit for both the New York Rangers and Dallas Stars

While the move to keep Erik Christensen over Sean Avery was likely made for financial reasons, it hurts the Stars as much as it helps the Rangers.

From Andrew Gross:

That's good for the Rangers, who still may look to acquire a veteran defenseman given the ever-growing uncertainty of Marc Staal's return, and bad for the Stars, who will likely have to acquire a player just to reach the salary cap floor.

The Rangers have been shopping for a veteran defenseman since Staal's injury, but as of right now Tim Erixon is the chosen replacement. We'll keep you up to date on Avery's time with the Whale.

Thoughts on this development guys?