New York Rangers News: Wolski And Sauer Not Skating For Second Straight Day; Practice Notes

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 29: Mike Sauer #38 of the New York Rangers celebrates after scoring a goal against the Detroit Red Wings in the first period during a preseason game at Madison Square Garden on September 29 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images)

With the Rangers second practice in-progress, news surfaced that Wojtek Wolski (groin) and Michael Sauer (shoulder) were not on the ice today. Both were held out of practice yesterday for a maintenance day, to help recover from their injuries.

Wolski sat out the second game of the season, due to a sore groin, but Sauer never missed a game as of yet. Seems like nothing escalated as of yet, just the Rangers being cautious once again.

In other news, the Rangers started their practice off with a bit of powerplay work. Good to see them working on their powerplay, getting it ready for their upcoming games. As the rest of the team came onto the ice, Stepan was paired with Richards, and Gaborik for drills. However, it would be nice to see Stepan up there, but Torts already stated Dubinsky will remain there for this Saturday.

Ryan Callahan also left the ice after the powerplay drills, and has yet to return. No word if it is injury related, or equipment related. We will keep you update on this.

We will be updating this post until the practice concludes. More to come shortly.