New York Rangers News: Derek Stepan Skates With First Line In Practice

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: Derek Stepan #21 of the New York Rangers celebrates his first period goal against the New Jersey Devils with Mats Zuccarello #36 at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Earlier in the week John Tortorella said that Brandon Dubinsky would get at least one more game on the top line. Wednesday afternoon at practice, however, Derek Stepan got a look skating alongside Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik

Wojtek Wolski, who didn't skate again due to a lingering groin issue, might be the top-line candidate when he gets healthy, but for now that's uncertain. Moving Stepan up to the first line isn't necessarily a knock on Dubinsky, it's probably just a goal of Tortorella's to get the "Pack" line back together.

Putting Stepan on the first line allows Tortorella two lines that can be truly lethal. Gaborik, Richards and Stepan obviously provide their own dangers, but Dubinsky, Ryan Callahan and Artem Anisimov is another grouping that can really work hard and put the puck into the back of the net.

Once Wolski returns the Rangers will have even more options, although he is doubtful to play Saturday unless he is able to practice on Friday. The Rangers have another off day tomorrow.

Thoughts on this guys?