FanPost

Rangers and Islanders Preview

For some reason, I have always wanted to do one of these. Keys to the game,  key players, Matchup to watch for, stuff like that. Here it goes.

Brad Richards gets introduced to the rivalry. Can you really call it a rivalry anymore? I don't know, it seems like the Rangers and Flyers and Rangers and Devils seems more intense now. Maybe that will change with the Islanders slowly getting more competitive. Anyway, I feel like this game should be a great one. Rangers should win for a few reasons. One, they are well rested, two, better goaltending, three, they are simply a better team. And four it is a home game.( And yes I'm aware it's at the Coliseum) I have a feeling that the game the Dubby Richards and Gabby line plays well. Assuming it's Dubby and not Stepan. The Rangers really need to get of to a fast start, something they were unable to do the previous two games. In order for the Rangers to win thet WILL NEED TO SCORE ON THE PP!!! Here are my PP units. PP unit #1= Anisimov, Gaborik and Dubisnky down low. Points are Richards and MDZ. PP Unit #2= Stepan, Boyle, and Callahan with Erixon and McDonaugh at the points. Thoughts on those units?

Keys to the game- NYR- Puck Possession and shots

                                  NYI- Don't suck

Players to watch-

NYR - Dan Girardi- I say he will see a little less playing time because he will not have to face a line like Ryan Getzlaf and Perry. Or the Kings lethal top line. He should still get 26-28 minutes.

NYI- John Tavares- Historically plays well vs. the Rangers. 8 points in his last 5 games. I feel he is really ready to break and post an 75-80 point season.

Prediction- NYR 4- NYI 2. Gabby will score have 1g 1a 2p while earning first star. Prust is going to have a solid game scoring his first of year while dropping the gloves with Travis Hamonic. Prust= 2 star. MDZ will get 3 star by scoring two PP assists.

                                                                                        LET'S GO RANGERS!!