Bantering Points: How Should The NHL Re-Align?

WINNIPEG, CANADA - OCTOBER 9: Play begins after the first faceoff in a game between the Winnipeg Jets and the Montreal Canadiens in NHL action at the MTS Centre on October 9, 2011 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The game is Winnipeg's first NHL regular season game in 15 years. (Photo by Marianne Helm/Getty Images)

Andrew Gross writes that John Tortorella is emphasizing practice more than ever, and that Henrik Lundqvist is happy with his progress so far.

Fantasy Hockey Scouts says they hoped that Brandon Dubinsky would be on a line with Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards. Their wish came true, for a short time, at least.

One of the hot topics in the NHL right now is how the NHL should handle re-alignment next season, due to the need to move the Winnipeg Jets to the Western Conference. The NHL has a plethora of choices, and everyone seems to have their own solutions.

Derek Zona at SB Nation believes that the NHL should follow the NFL/MLB model to solve their re-alignment problems. In this scenario, the Rangers would be in a division with the Islanders, Canadiens, Bruins, and Devils The Flyers would be in the other conference, while the Penguins are in another division in the same conference as the Rangers.

Puck Daddy's Greg Wyshynski, meanwhile, sums up all of the ideas written by bloggers across the internet.

How would you handle the re-alignment situation?