New York Rangers Breaking News: Mike Sauer Won't Play Against The New York Islanders

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 29: Mike Sauer #38 of the New York Rangers shoots and scores against the Detroit Red Wings in the first period during a preseason game at Madison Square Garden on September 29 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images)

John Tortorella has confirmed that Mike Sauer will not play in the New York Rangers' matchup against the New York Islanders on Saturday. According to multiple reports his right shoulder isn't ready yet, although John Tortorella wouldn't consider the injury long-term.

This just puts more pressure on the Rangers' back end against a quick Islanders team. Expect Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger and Tim Erixon to all get the nod when the Rangers take the ice tomorrow. Jeff Woywitka will make his Rangers' debut.

It's certianly a blow to an already depleted defensive corps, especially since Sauer proved he can soak up big minutes in any game last year. The Rangers are going to have to rely on Del Zotto and Erixon a bit more than they originally intended, but at least we'll get to see what the two look like when their on the burner.

It's also unsure if Wojtek Wolski will play tomorrow as well. The winger feels better, but it's not sure if he will be good enough to go. Obviously we'll have more on that when news breaks.