New York Rangers Prospects: J.T. Miller And Carl Hagelin Continue To Impress, Christian Thomas Back On Track

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: J.T. Miller #47 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers' first-round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, J.T. Miller, is making the most of his opportunities with the Plymoth Whalers of the OHL. Miller scored two goals in an overtime loss Saturday night, raising his season total to four goals and five assists for nine points in nine games.

Miller currently is tied for the team-lead with nine points, and has accumulated 10 penalty minutes thus far this season. I'll give you one guess as to how they came about.

More after the jump.

After a very slow start to the season, Christian Thomas has rebounded nicely for the Oshawa Generals. After going pointless in his first three games, Thomas has three goals and three assists in his last six games.

There was probably a transition period for Thomas after he want sent down from the Rangers training camp. Regardless, this extra year in the OHL should be some vital seasoning for the young sniper, something that should help him make a push for next season.

Carl Hagelin is another Rangers' prospect who has started to find his game. Hagelin scored two goals for the Connecticut Whale in an overtime loss Saturday night.Hagelin admitted to Bruce Berlet that he's starting to get used to the AHL game.

"I'm starting to get used to the league more and more, so I'm getting into a rhythm and feeling the way I should feel," said Hagelin, who has three goals in the last two games. "My legs have been a bit sluggish the other games, but tonight the jump as there and it's pretty easy playing with Newbury and Deveaux. They make good plays and are strong on the puck, so they just want me to stay on the wing and try to create chances from there."

Just something to brighten up your day. Thoughts on this guys?