New York Rangers News: Brendan Bell Recalled From Connecticut

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: Brendan Bell #39 of the New York Rangers scores the game winning goal at 16:56 of the third period against the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. The Rangers defeated the Devils 4-3. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

As per the AHL website, the New York Rangers have recalled defenseman Brendan Bell from the Connecticut Whale. With all of the current injuries, it seems as if there is some concern for Michael Sauer. Sauer sat out last night's game on Long Island, in a game where they desperately needed him on the back end.

Michael Sauer has been having shoulder trouble, after taking a vicious hit back in pre-season, by Zac Rinaldo. He played in the two games over in Europe, but it seems as if the injury hasn't healed much since then. Now with Brendan Bell being recalled, it remains unknown who will be sitting out. My guess is Woywitka will be sitting again, as he didn't really impress much in his debut as a Ranger.

It's all just speculation for now, but I guess we'll find out sometime before Tuesday's game against the Vancouver Canucks. We will update when we find out more.