New York Rangers Pregame: Lundqvist Starting; Newbury In, Wolski And Sauer Scratched

We are just about five hours away until the New York Rangers take on the Vancouver Canucks. The Rangers are looking to get back on track, and record their first win of the season. To no one's surprise, Henrik Lundqvist will get the nod once again tonight, for his fourth consecutive start.

Both Wojtek Wolski and Michael Sauer skated once again today, but both will be sitting out tonight's game once again. They have both been healing up pretty well, and are trying to get back into game shape. Meanwhile, the Canucks will welcome back Ryan Kesler, who will be starting in his first game of the season.

Marian Gaborik stated that the start to the game is going to be the biggest factor. Gaborik told the NY Daily news:  "Always, in this building they come out strong. So we need to be physical, play a quick game, try to play 5-on-5 and play in their end as much as we can." Not to mention, the Rangers also need to keep themselves out of the penalty box, and stick to 5-on-5 hockey.

Follow after the jump for more.

Kris Newbury will be making his season debut for the Blueshirts tonight, and John Tortorella hopes he can add some "jam" to the line-up. Newbury will start the game on the fourth line, along side Mike Rupp and Erik Christensen.

Newbury is looking to play the "agitator" role tonight as per his quote to the NY Daily News, "Be physical and get my mouth going a little bit to their team, and as long as I don’t cross that edge, I think I’ll be happy with my game. So come (Tuesday) night I’m going to do those things and hopefully get them a little agitated."

Newbury's role tonight will play a huge factor, as the Canucks will be backed by emotion following a tribute to former Canuck, Rick Rypien.

Looks like we'll be in for an entertaining game, hopefully which favors the Rangers. Our open game thread will start tonight at 9:30, we hope to see everyone there! Let's go Rangers!