Marc Staal Injury Update: No News Expected As Of Today

RALEIGH NC - JANUARY 29: Eric Staal #12 of the Carolina Hurricanes and Marc Staal #18 of the New York Rangers skate on the ice before the Honda NHL SuperSkills competition part of 2011 NHL All-Star Weekend at the RBC Center on January 29 2011 in Raleigh North Carolina. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

As per MSG last night, there was a possibility that we would receive an update on Marc Staal today. However, it appears that we will not being seeing that update anytime today. Andrew Gross confirmed via twitter, that the New York Rangers will not release anything today, on the status of Marc Staal.

Marc Staal has been shut down following, what is believed to be post-concussion like symptoms. Staal has been working with a variety of doctors, to try and ease the symptoms. About two weeks back, the Rangers officially shut down Staal, and announced that he could be out up to a month. Following that announcement, the Rangers placed Staal on the IR.

The Rangers seriously need Marc Staal back on their top pairing, the defense is depleted without him back there. While he is needed, it is also crucial that he is 100% before he returns. He is a vital part of this organization, and further injury that hinders him from playing will be devastating.

As soon as we hear anything on Marc Staal, you guys will be the first to know. For now, this is all we have.