New York Rangers Open Thread: Rangers Vs. HC Slovan

The New York Rangers will take on HC Slovan this morning in the team's third of four preseason friendlies this European trip.

Currently, this game seems to be a chance for either Erik Christensen and Sean Avery to get some separation for the 13th forward spot. With all the cuts that occurred on Saturday, it should be an opportunity to see a roster that has an opening night feel.

Expect both Christensen and Avery (if he's feeling better from the injury he suffered Friday) to get significant ice time, and every chance to play; mainly so that John Tortorella can get a good look at both of them. Right now, I would give the edge to Avery, but nothing is set in stone just yet.

The Rangers are 2-0 during this European run, and are looking to go 3-0 after today. The game will be aired on MSG, so make sure to kick back and enjoy some hockey today guys!