FanPost

No Touch Icing and the Trapezoid.

For those that don't know Eric Nystrom was involved in a play that sparked a debate about no touch icing. He was racing for the puck of course to try to negate it but instead a freak accident occurred and the player who touched up the puck Taylor Fedun (a rookie) suffered a broken Femur. Should the NHL have no touch icing? It's definitely safer no doubt and stuff like this will never occur. But these types of accidents don't happen frequently enough in my mind for the league to just change to no touch icing. I think that there is more of an outcry over this because Fedun will never play hockey again. That's pretty sad.

But here's an issue I have where I think more players get hurt. It's the trapezoid. Since goalies cannot play the outside the zone, on dump ins they can't go after the puck meaning their defenseman has to come out and get it with the opposing team's forward forechecking at full speed. That i've seen way too many times.

Thoughts on the league implementing no touch icing? I know where I stand. I'm pretty sure most hockey fans want to see the trapezoid removed but you can weigh in on that too.