Rangers Win 3-2 In Overtime: Ryan McDonagh Ends Game With 1.8 Seconds Left

The Rangers come out of Calgary with another two points, and improve to 2-1-2 on the season. Henrik Lundqvist and Ryan McDonagh both had great games once again, and the Rangers brought home two points.

The Rangers finally notched their first powerplay goal of the season, coming from none other than Marian Gaborik. Gaborik has been finding the open ice, and tallied his fourth (leading the rangers) goal of the season. Not to mention, the execution of the play was nothing short of pretty.

Just about a minute later, Jarome Iginla capitalized off a turnover in the Rangers defensive end. The pairing of Dan Girardi and Ryan McDonagh was solid again tonight, and wound up getting the job done in overtime. Brandon Prust was able to get the job done shorthanded, and scored his second of the year.

Follow after the jump for more.

The Flames defensemen drifted to the corner, which left Prust wide open, and I mean wide open in front. Boyle got the puck to the slot, and Prust buried it. Just so everyone knows, this all took place in the first period.

Kris Newbury made his presence known tonight, and dropped the mitts with Cory Sarich. Sarich hit McDonagh from behind, and Newbury came to his aid, and stepped in. Shortly after, Mike Giordano tied the game up once again for the Flames, and both teams went into the locker room, knotted at 2-2.

Henrik Lundqvist stood tall in the final two periods of regulation, and made some spectacular saves to keep the Rangers in the game. Each team was held scoreless in the second and third period, and we headed to overtime to decide a winner. Both teams had their fair share of chances in overtime, but the Rangers capitalized with less than ten seconds remaining.

Ryan McDonagh started a breakout, and sent Brandon Dubinsky on the rush. Dubinsky fought off two Flames players, and dropped the puck back to Dan Girardi, who made a last ditch effort to get the puck on net. Whether it was intended or not, the puck rebounded off the back boards, and landed right on Ryan McDonagh's stick.

McDonagh made it count, and buried the puck with 1.8 seconds remaining in overtime and the Rangers win! Overall, I think it was definitely a more complete game, as opposed to the game in Vancouver. The Rangers took less offensive zone penalties, but still took their share of penalties, included two delay of game penalties.

The lucky recipient of the "victory hat" tonight was Brandon Prust, who battled, and had a great game tonight. Although, I'm torn between him and Ryan McDonagh, both players deserved it tonight. The Rangers travel to Edmonton tomorrow, where they will take on the Oilers this Saturday at 10:00 PM.