Henrik Lundqvist "Feels Fine"; Mike Sauer Close To A Return

Henrik Lundqvist was back on the ice for the New York Rangers, at their practice before departing for Winnipeg. Lundqvist stated that it was a skate issue, which was causing pressure on his foot. Today, he said that the issue was resolved, and everything is back to normal.

Lundqvist caught up with the NY Post earlier today, and here's what he had to say, "By the third period, I was thinking so much about my foot, my skate and the pain that I just couldn’t focus on the puck, and if I’m not doing that I can’t play my game, so that’s why I came out."

That is a huge relief to hear the Lundqvist is doing just fine. Marty Biron will most likely be getting the start in Winnipeg tomorrow night, so Hank will get some rest for the home opener.

Follow after the jump for an update on Michael Sauer.

Michael Sauer has also been participating in multiple practices with the Rangers since his last game against the Anaheim Ducks. Today, he looked stronger on the puck, and quicker on his feet. His final step before returning is getting hit.

It will be a long shot to see Sauer in the lineup tomorrow, but more likely for the home opener on Thursday. It will a little better get Sauer back on the blue line, and take some pressure of Ryan McDonagh and Dan Girardi.