Michael Sauer Returns To Action Against Toronto Maple Leafs; Practice Notes

NEWARK NJ - NOVEMBER 05: Michael Sauer #38 of the New York Rangers skates with the puck against the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center on November 5 2010 in Newark New Jersey. (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers announced that Michael Sauer will return to action against the Toronto Maple Leafs. As a precursor, the Rangers sent down Brandon Bell yesterday. What a time for Sauer to return, for the Rangers home opener against the Maple Leafs tomorrow night.

 The Rangers held their first practice, after returning from their Western road trip today. The practice lines look as follows: Fedotenko-Richards-Gaborik | Dubi-Stepan-Cally | Wolski-Boyle-Prust | Newbury-Anisimov-Christensen. It looks as if John Tortorella jumbled the lines once again.

Although, these are only practice lines, these could easily change by puck drop tomorrow night. Also another note, Mike Rupp did not take part in practice at Madison Square Garden today. During the week Rupp stated that he had a "cranky" leg, but he was in the line-up against the Jets.

The NY Daily News confirmed, that Mike Rupp is taking a maintenance day, and expects to play tomorrow against the Leafs.

We will have more new throughout the day for you guys, and gear you up for the home opener tomorrow night. With that, I will leave you guys with this awesome picture.