New York Rangers News: Michael Sauer To Play Tomorrow

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 29: Mike Sauer #38 of the New York Rangers celebrates after scoring a goal against the Detroit Red Wings in the first period during a preseason game at Madison Square Garden on September 29 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images)

Breaking news coming out of Rangers practice today is that Michael Sauer will play in the home opener tomorrow night vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs, as reported by Katie Strang.

Sauer said he's been cleared to play; ready to go tmrw vs Leafs

The move seemed likely following the Rangers demotion of defenseman Brendan Bell to the Connecticut Whale of the AHL.

In other news, could Michael Rupp be a healthy scratch tomorrow? Could he be hurt, or is this just a non-story?

Steve Zipay has the lines, and Mike Rupp is not there.

Early lines at MSG: Feds-Richards-Gaborik; Stepan-Dubi-Cally; Wolski-Boyle-Prust. Rupp not out there

The line that interests me most is Fedotenko Richards Gaborik. I am a big fan of putting Fedotenko on the first line, as he can make the plays in the corners, he can fight for the puck, and he has experience playing with Brad Richards.

Thoughts?