Bantering Points: New York Rangers Home Opener Is Tonight

We are nearing the home opener of the New York Rangers season! The Rangers went 3-2-2 on their road trip, and will play the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight in their second straight home opener vs. the Maple Leafs.

Personally, I am satisfied with the outcome, but not satisified with the play of the Rangers. Both of the Rangers non-regulation losses came in Europe, as the Rangers lost to the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks.

The Rangers regulation losses were to the New York Islanders and Edmonton Oilers.

On the schedule for the Rangers is the Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Ducks, (I will be at this game) Montreal Canadiens, and Winnipeg Jets, before the Rangers head out to Ottawa.

Personally, I will be satisfied with a 3-1-2 record, pleased with a 4-1-1 record, thrilled with a 5-0-0 record, and disappointed in anything worse than the 3-1-2 record.

Madison Square Garden has been renovated, and Andrew Gross has the details.

Also in the Gross article is that Michael Sauer will be back for the New York Rangers. This should provide a big boost at defense.

Tonight will be Brad Richards' first home game with the New York Rangers, as well as Tim Erixon's, and possibly Mike Rupp and/or Jeff Woywitka's.

Also do not forget, this is Ryan Callahan's first home game as New York Rangers Captain. Here are his thoughts about the home opener, among other things.

All that's left to say is Let's Go Rangers!