Bantering Points: The Connecticut Whale, And Sean Avery

Yesterday it was reported by Larry Brooks that Sean Avery will play for the Connecticut Whale tonight, as Avery attempts to work his way back  back to the New York Rangers.

Meanwhile, the Rangers have been playing mediocre hockey, leading to chants from the MSG crowd, such as "we want Avery."

The Rangers really won't gain much from an Avery recall, if you ask me, as their problem lies more in that they struggle to create scoring opportunities, and when they do create scoring opportunities they struggle to score on them.

Going back to the Whale, here is the hit that injured Whale forward Mats Zuccarello.

Also, if you want to decide who should be the next Whale (Whale player? Whaler?) called up, here are the player stats.

The Blue Seat Blog offers some thoughts, including that the hit on Mats Zuccarello by Adam Mair was an "awful blindside." No argument here.

Thoughts on everything? As usual, Let's Go Rangers!