FanPost

Sather needs to do something

I am not panicking, but I think something needs to be done. The Rangers NEED a top line LW now. They currently do not have one obviously. I thought Stepan Richards Gabby was working out pretty well. They had one bad period against Edmonton and Torts took them apart. Hey Torts! Maybe if you keep a line together for 5 games or more, they will develop chemistry. But Torts wont do that.  I think there's a few things that can be done now. 1. Trade- The Rangers should send a package for a physical and talented foward. I know everyone wants one and they aren't cheap but we got to get one. At least a LW that can score would be nice. Here are a couple of trade proposals I would send.

Anisimov + Zuccarello+ 3 round pick to Dallas in exchange for Jamie Benn + 6 round pick

or

Wolski + Del Zotto + Carl Hagelin + 2 round pick + 3 round pick in exchange for Jarome Iginla and David Moss

or

Stepan + Kreider + 1 round pick + Sauer in exchange for Bobby Ryan + Cam Fowler

A far as trade #1 goes. I think this would be a good deal for both teams. Jamie Benn has good chemistry with Richards already and he he's young, big, and talented. A trade for Loui Erikson would be interesting too but we'd have to make one heck of a package.

Trade #2- I know Iggy is 35 and a RW but I would love to have a guy of his ability. Calgary needs to rebuild and personally, i think this trade would make sense for them.

Trade #3 I don't think Anaheim would do it, but I would try it. Worst they can say is no. They get a top 4 shut fown d-man. A 2 year player who scored 45 points his rookie year, a top prospect and a 1 round pick in a VERY strong draft year.

Or Torts can stop fiddling with lines and have a guy who you are paying 50+ mil on the top line and have the guy who had a great rookie year and has loads of potenial on there too.

Thoughts?