FanPost

Our Offense

I have posted a few comments pertaining to this on other threads, but why does Tortorella insist on using the dump and chase to generate offense?  I went to the game last night and it was infuriating to watch.  Our 1st and 2nd lines cannot forecheck - 90% of our dumps resulted in immediate turnovers.  We employed this strategy last year as well and our offense was largely ineffective.

Somewhat of a rhetorical question, but can anyone justify this?  If we can't carry it across the blue line, why not shoot on goal (even if we're in the neutral zone) and force the goalie to cover the puck?  Much better than senselessly hitting it around the boards.