New York Rangers Send Down Tim Erixon and Kris Newbury To AHL...Possible Return On Defense??

After the Rangers 5-4 shootout loss to the Senators, the Rangers made a roster move by sending defenseman Tim Erixon and forward Kris Newbury to the AHL. Neither Erixon or Newbury have points in the games they have played this season.

Not sure why Erixon is being sent down, but one slim possibility  (and remember we are just speculating here, nothing has been confirmed as of yet) that Marc Staal could be available to play Monday. We know Woywitka was the healthy scratch but I personally see Tim Erixon being better than Jeff Woywitka, so that can't be the replacement player. I guess we'll have a day or so to continue speculating

Once we have word on the move, you know it will be here as soon as it breaks so stay tuned