FanPost

Kreider Dominating as BC Eagles Roll

Ranger's 2009 first round draft pick Chris Kreider (19th overall) scored 2 goals and added an assist at home against UMass Lowell tonight.  Boston College improves to 7-1 overall with a perfect 5-0 record in Hockey East play after a 6-3 victory.

Kreider played in all situations and showed off his speed and shot every opportunity he had tonight.

He really was everywhere.  Every time he touched or was near the puck he was a threat to score.  When the Eagles needed a hit to keep the momentum up he answered the call.  When there was a penalty to kill off Kreider sacrificed the body going down in front of shots.

In the offensive zone Kreider was equally as dominant.  He definitely showed off his hockey sense that Hockey Prospectus claims he sorely lacks.  While he was shooting, he picked his spots beautifully.  Some of his passes tonight were sublime and he really appeared to click with his linemates Bill Arnold and Kevin Hayes.

Kreider's assist came shorthanded as he stole the puck in Lowell's offensive zone and passed to teammate Bill Arnold for a quick score.  While I'm not sure what BC legend/coach Jerry York drew up, I'm pretty sure it did not involve 2 players forechecking shorthanded in the offensive zone.  One bad hop and UMass could've had a 4 on 2 going the other way.

All things considered, Kreider had an incredible game on both sides of the puck.  His special teams play was solid especially with the puck in UMass's end of the ice.  Get excited Ranger's fans, Kreider is looking very good.

Any questions?