New York Rangers Practice News: Artem Anisimov, Michael Del Zotto Sit

After the news broke last night that Tim Erixon and Kris Newbury have been demoted and that Andre Deveaux was promoted, the news broke today that Deveaux is in New York practicing with the team.

Deveaux will wear #33 if anyone is wondering.

Meanwhile, the Connecticut Whale won in a shootout last night. The winning goal was scored by none other than Sean Avery. If you want to keep up with the Whale, follow this twitter profile. How interested would you be in a weekly Whale recap?

Michael Del Zotto and Artem Anisimov are both not practicing today, as Del Zotto's hip is still sore, and Anisimov is either still hurting from being checked into the boards yesterday, or he is being benched for poor play.

The lines are:

lines: Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik, Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust. Deveaux Christensen skating together.
If you were in charge, would you have promoted Deveaux? Who would you have promoted? By the way, this is pure speculation, but the guess here is there is a move on defense coming soon. Whether it's the Rangers signing Anton Stralman, a trade, a promotion, I have no guess. I just guess there will be a move soon.