Breaking News: Sean Avery To Be Placed On Re-Entry Waivers Tomorrow

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 17: Sean Avery #16 of the New York Rangers looks on against the Washington Capitals in Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 17, 2011 in New York City. Sean Avery was arrested in Hollywood in the early hours of August 5, 2011 for battery of a police officer who was reportedly responding to a loud party at his home. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

As speculated earlier today on twitter stating that Sean Avery will be coming back to New York, can finally be confirmed. Larry Brooks just posted via twitter that Sean Avery will be placed on re-entry waivers tomorrow. As expected, Avery will probably clear re-entry waivers.

But due to the 48 hour rule, Avery won't officially be cleared to play until Thursday against the Anaheim Ducks. It seems as if most fans received their wish, Sean Avery is coming back to New York. In two games with the Connecticut Whale, Sean Avery posted a fight, along with an empty net goal, and a shootout goal.

To me, it seems as if the Rangers are missing that extra "spark" and/or emotion this season. My guess is that Kris Newbury could not fill that void, and they're turning back to Sean Avery. If he goes unclaimed (which he likely will), look for him to play with a chip on his shoulder.

He will come back looking to prove himself once again, and show that he deserves to be on this team. More to come on this later tonight.