FanPost

2011-2012 NYR Player Points Prediction Contest

The rules are quite simple: predict how many total points each player listed will record in the 2011-2012 season.  At the end of the season we'll compare the actual results to everyone predictions and determine who was most accurate, and consequently whom the most prophetic/knowledgeable/sexy Banterite is.  I figured each participant's score would be the total absolute differences between prediction and result.  So if someone was off by 10 points on 10 players, his score would be 100.  The person with the lowest score wins.  And absolute difference means that it doesn't matter if your prediction is high or low.  If a player records 50 points, predictions of 55 and 45 points hold equal weight.  No Price is Right bullshit.

I was debating whether or not to include the entire roster, but decided to include only the projected top twelve forwards.  These forwards are listed below, along with their point total from last season.

Anisimov: 44 pts

Boyle: 35

Callahan: 48

Dubinsky: 54

Fedotenko: 25

Gaborik: 48

Prust: 29

Richards: 77*

Rupp: 17*

Stepan: 45

Wolski: 35*

Zuccarello: 23

* point total includes points recorded with another team

This list is final, so call-ups be damned, and if you have Player A (or more likely, Player Z) scoring 50 points and he gets sent to Hartford in week 2, sucks for you.  Same can be said if Player B (or Player G) blows out his groin and winds up on the LTIR.

For the sake of making my life easier, please post your predictions in alphabetical order.  I'll list the players once again so it will be easy to copy and paste.  Have at it.  And get your picks in before puck drop on Friday, or I'm gonna be a total dick and DQ you.

Anisimov:

Boyle:

Callahan:

Dubinsky: