New York Rangers Breaking News: Rangers To Waive Sean Avery

According to Larry Brooks, the New York Rangers will be waiving forward, Sean Avery. This may come as bit of surprise to some people, as it did to me. It was noted yesterday that both, Sean Avery and Erik Christensen were fighting for the last and final spot in the line-up.

Although the way Christensen performed over in Europe wasn't surprising, it was enough for John Tortorella to keep him. My thoughts are that Avery should have easily made it on the team over Christensen. Avery came out flying in the two preseason games he was in, and he was noticeable on the ice.

As opposed to Christensen, who seemed lazy, missed wide open opportunities and was less physical than Avery. I'm not the coach, but I still believe Avery should be on this team instead of Christensen. The Rangers were left with one final roster cut, and it looks like it will be Sean Avery.

Pierre LeBrun stated that Avery's agent, Pat Morris, confirmed that his client will be placed on waivers later today. He also stated that if Avery clears, he will be exploring his options in Europe.