New York Rangers Breaking News: Dale Weise Claimed By Vancouver Canucks

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: Dale Weise #32 of the New York Rangers is stopped in the first period by Martin Brodeur #30 of the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Things are getting very interesting for the New York RangersNot long after reports trickled out that the Rangers had put Sean Avery on waivers, Dale Weise was claimed off waivers by the Vancouver Canucks.

While some Rangers fans might be upset by Weise being claimed, I would argue that it's not a big deal at all. Weise was never going to make this club, and even if he did it would be in a fourth line capacity. The Rangers have a much more skilled Dale Weise in Brandon Prust, and Mike Rupp will also be a guy who will fight and chip in goals here and there.

Also remember that next year prospects like Christian Thomas, Chris Kreider, Carl Hagelin and even J.T. Miller will all be vying for a roster spot. Simply put, Weise was no longer needed, and wouldn't have had a role on this team anyway.

Weise was a good soldier with the Rangers, but after years in the team's system he never was able to crack the roster. We wish him well with his new team.

Thoughts on this guys?