New York Rangers Breaking News: Tim Erixon To Be Recalled To Play Friday

It's another busy morning in Ranger-land as rookie defenseman Tim Erixon is being recalled to the big club and will be flown out to Sweden to join the team. Erixon will practice with the Whale today and then fly out to Sweden to join the Rangers and start in the line up tomorrow.

The reason for Erixon being called up is that it is "expected" for Marc Staal (the words of the beat writers not mine) to be put on Injured Reserve (IR) today and could be out up to a month (here is the link to the Post article click here).

Marc Staal was diagnosed with concussion-like symptoms at the beginning of training camp and we all know how tricky and uncertain concussions can be

With Staal potentially being out for a month, the Rangers are going to give Tim Erixon a good look on the blue line as well as possibly bringing in former Ranger Paul Mara as a stop gap.

We'll have more details on this story as the day goes on so keep Blueshirt Banter open all day long and please try not to jump off the cliffs...the team hasn't played a game yet