FanPost

For a Few Dollars More (New MSG food!)

As part of the MSG renovation, the concessions are being totally upgraded a la Citifield and Yankee Stadium.  Here are two links - the first to the NY Times describing it all, and second to Serious Eats food blog, which has photos and taste test of the new items (click the slide show after you read the article).  On a side note, I am pretty passionate about good eating, an highly recommend this blog (and they have two sister blogs dedicated solely to pizza and burgers!).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/dining/madison-square-garden-gets-a-new-menu-with-its-upgrade.html?pagewanted=all

http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2011/10/an-early-look-at-madison-square-gardens-new-c.html

Obviously, better food comes at a price.  I know a lot of traditionalists are not going to like this "fancy shmancy" expensive food.  I am totally assuming (but do not know for sure) that you can still buy an overcooked not-hot pretzel, a dirty water OR greasy roller hot dog, and cotton candy in a Dr. Seuss hat.  The Times article points out that unlike Citifield, these upscale concession stands are going to be in multiple spots including the upper levels, not just in club seating.

Even if I were not a self-proclaimed "foodie", and I hate that term, I think I would be just as excited about this.  Honestly, I only get to go to a few games per season, entirely because of the cost.  Being able to combine two of my passion, an eat some great food from a good chef while being at a Rangers game, is worth an extra $5 per person.  It is the different between a $200 and $210 night for two people, and is going to let me enjoy the game that much more.

What about you guys?  Are you willing to spend a few dollars more for this food, or is it meaningless or even stupid to you?