Breaking News: Sean Avery Clears Re-entry Waivers; Remains A Ranger

The most anticipated question today was regarding whether Sean Avery would be claimed via re-entry waivers. As of 12:00, it is official, Sean Avery will remain a New York Ranger. Although, this would only be part one of two step process. Now that Avery has officially cleared waivers, he also has to be re-called by the Rangers, which will most likely occur.

John Tortorella stated that it was the "right hockey decision" at the time, when he was placed on re-entry waivers. Due to Mike Rupp's bad knee, it seems as if Sean Avery will see time in Ranger blue once again. John Tortorella also stated after last night's game that he doesn't not guarantee Avery will be in the line-up.

Hopefully Sean Avery has a better chance to prove himself, and also provide a "spark" for the Rangers in the process. We will continue to have update throughout the day, regarding Sean Avery. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: It seems as if part two has just been completed. The Rangers officially announced that Sean Avery has been re-called from the Connecticut Whale.