FanPost

Thornton says Rangers " Softest Team They Played"

So last night after a complete performance by the rangers which i sadly missed, Joe Thornton decides to talk some trash. Now we all get that his team was on its final game of a long east coast road trip and those could be difficult     (ask the rangers about long trips ) , but that shouldn't be the reason to trash talk about our team after completely dismantling you with their backup goaltender in net. This is also coming from a guy who is one of the softest centers in the league.You can call Joe Thornton alot of things but delusional is not one of them. Remember when he told a reporter "I still think we are the better team" after the Sharks were swept in the West Conference finals in 2010. Yea Joe your comments are definitely taken seriously!!

Join me for more after the jump.

After the San Jose Sharks lost to the New York Rangers, 5-2, on Monday night, Thornton said (via CSN Bay Area's Kevin Kurz):

Their performance against the Rangers was their worst of the trip, and it was a game that they should have won fairly easily, if you believe the captain.

"To be honest with you, they were probably the softest team we played against on this road trip," said Joe Thornton. "We played some good teams, and I think we probably should have beat these guys, to be honest with you."

Thornton was probably being a little more blunt than usual. The Sharks and Rangers won't meet again this season, and his comment isn't going to show up on any bulletin boards in the newly renovated locker room at Madison Square Garden.

"Thornton is saying the Rangers are softer than the Devils, the Bruins, the Predators, the Red Wings and the Islanders "

Sadly the Rangers wont be playing the Sharks again this year unless we both make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. In this day and age anything can happen, just look at the the STL Cardinals who won the world series with being 12 games back of a playoff spot with less then a month left in the season.( I think)

This is also something that Captain Cally should put in the locker room to help inspire the boys for the rest of the season.

I will also be at the game on Thursday against the Ducks.

Here is a link to the article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Joe-Thornton-calls-Rangers-8216-softest-team-w;_ylt=AqePYgZ0yi7yYPOqZmNwwhB7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp16354#mwpphu-container