Blueshirt Banter's New York Rangers Highlight Of The Week

This segment took a couple of weeks off due to personal power outages, but it's back this week!

There were plenty of plays to choose from this week, but I think Dan Girardi's go-ahead goal against the Carolina Hurricanes deserves the nod. (Click into the story for the full view of the video).

This play was selected for a few reasons. The first is that it was a go-ahead goal which helped extend the Rangers' winning streak to six games. The second aspect was the brilliant finish by Girardi, who roofed the puck over a sprawling Cam Ward

But the most impressive part of this play, in my mind, is the no-look, tape-to-tape pass from Brad Richards to Girardi to set up the play. It was a brilliant display of the creativity Richards brings to the table every night, and it lead to a critical goal in the game.

Below the jump are the previous winners.

Week 2: Brad Richards' pass to Marian Gaborik springs the sniper loose for the tying goal in an eventual loss to the New York Islanders.

Week 1: Brad Richards goes top shelf against the Anaheim Ducks to give the Rangers a late equalizer in the third period.