FanPost

Barry Melrose's Top 5 Best Skaters Ever

I know when you read the title you probably thought why the hell do you read Melrose? I was just scrolling around on NHL.com and thought it was an interesting thing to make a top 5 argument out of.

Here's his list.

#5 Pavel Bure- No argument he should be on the list just an argument he should be higher. No one was as fast as him.

#4 Sergei Fedorov- Same argument with Bure. Should be higher.

#3 Mike Modano? Sure he was a good skater but shouldn't be ranked this high.

#2 Paul Coffey- Great skater but not as good as some other defenseman of his time.

#1 Bobby Orr- Top 3 but not number 1.

Here's a few people I would add to being the best skaters ever:

Brian Leetch- Maybe not the quickest person ever but his footwork and stride were extremely top notch.

Ray Bourque- Really the same with Leetch.

Mike Gartner- Set the record for fastest skater at the skills competition.

Peter Bondra

I don't know just a list I came up with. Anyone else I should have added? Dale Purinton maybe? Just kidding.