Will Sean Avery Be In The Line-up Thursday Night?

WIth Sean Avery clearing waivers, and officially be re-called on Tuesday, that makes him eligible to play Thursday night. But, of course would he actually be in the line-up to start the game?

John Tortorella met with the media, following Avery clearing waivers. He stated that there was no guarantee he would be placed in the line-up, because of ice time. The Rangers offense came out strong last game, and Tortorella probably wants to give it another go-around.

It seems as if this decision was made, following the news about Mike Rupp's knee problems. Tortorella said that Avery was the next best option to fill the void. Here's his quote from the NY Daily News, "He’s a terrific skater, and obviously a big part of his play is his forechecking, his play underneath the hash mark … When a guy like Rupper goes out, to me it’s the right call with Sean."

I guess we'll find out who is playing later today as the Rangers gather for practice. We will keep you guys updated.