New York Rangers News: Sean Avery Will Not Play Tomorrow Versus Ducks

As anticipated, head coach John Tortorella has confirmed that he will be going with the same lineup tomorrow versus the Ducks as he did on Monday against the San Jose Sharks. That means Sean Avery, who practiced with the team for the first time today, will not suit up.

Avery told the Daily News that he completely understands why he will not be in the lineup, and agrees with the coaching staff that there is no reason to change things up since the team played so well on Monday. Avery also went on to say that he is happy to be back and repeated multiple times that he loves playing for the Rangers

"I love playing for this team and I'm excited to play in the new building," said Sean. "I have loved every game I have ever played for this team."

It's clear, though, that he understands his place this time around. He is not expecting a roster spot or expecting to get any special treatment from the coaching staff. He knows that there are other players on the team, at the moment, that belong in the lineup over him. One of those is Andre Deveaux, because he really did play a solid game for the Blueshirts the other night.

If I was the coach, I'd be taking the same approach. Depending on who does what tomorrow, the decision of who to scratch in order to get Avery into the lineup will be much easier come Saturday's tilt with the Canadiens

In regard to Mike Rupp's knee, Tortorella said the team now has more information and has a decision to make from here. No further details were revealed, per Andrew Gross