FanPost

Time For A REAL Third Line

I might be in the minority here (I certainly hope not) but I think Boyle, Feds, and Prust are really underacheiving this season. Prust doesn't look like Prust and Boyle is definitely not Boyle, and Feds is playing a bit sub par for his standards.

I think it's time we demote them for the fourth line. Boyle and Prust should play more PK to keep Callahan and Dubinsky fresher, and they could log those extra minutes by playing less even strength time on the fourth line.

I really like our top 6. The GAS line and Richards line may be split up eventually, but the players that are in the top 6 now should remain where they are.

These are the moves I suggest should happen:

Send Andre Devaux down and call up Mats Zuccarello/ Carl Hagelin. Really anyone of them would do.

Send down Erik Christensen (I really have a strong dislike for the guy) and call up Johnathan Audy-Marchessault to play center.

Or we forget about Marchessault completely and make Sean Avery center the third line. That idea makes me cringe a little bit but I could live with it.