Breaking News: Marc Staal Makes Trip To Florida With The Rangers

NEW YORK NY - JANUARY 05: Marc Staal #18 of the New York Rangers skates against his brother Eric Staal #12 of the Carolina Hurricanes at Madison Square Garden on January 5 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Jim Cerny posted via twitter that New York Rangers defenseman, Marc Staal, is accompanying the team to Florida for Wednesday match-up against the Panthers. Also making the trip along with Staal are forwards Mike Rupp and Wojtek Wolski. This is Staal's first time traveling with the team, since experiencing headaches back in training camp.

It is definitely a good sign to see Staal traveling with the team once again, but we have received no further updates on his, or any of the other players conditions. Of course, this is another step closer in Staal's length recovery, but we can't speculate he will be playing anytime soon.

Just about a week ago, Marc Staal was finally cleared to begin light workouts by his doctor. Now he is traveling along with the team, and it definitely shows there is improvement. Before it is said, Marc Staal will not be playing tomorrow, there is no possible way he is in game shape, nor has he been fully cleared, we still have some time before that happens.