Looking Forward To The Challenges

The New York Rangers head out of town for two games, then return home at Madison Square Garden for another couple of games. The travel schedule should not be a problem, but the talent levels of the teams the New York Rangers will face is at a season high.

The first game on the trip is against the Florida Panthers, tonight in Florida. Florida is a changed team, having added multiple free agents, and having lost goalie Tomas Vokoun. Still, Florida is no easy task at all at 11-6-3.

Next, the Rangers will travel to Washington for the first time since being defeated by the Capitals in the playoffs last season. The Capitals have dealt with early season woes, including coaching and star player Alexander Ovechkin controversies, but stand at 11-7-1. The Capitals added Vokoun this offseason.

The game that fans are most anticipating, however, is the Saturday afternoon showdown at Madison Square Garden vs. the rival Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers, boasting new acquisitions Jaomir Jagr, Ilya Bryzgalov, and Jakub Voracek, among others, are 11-6-3.

Finally, the group of games is capped off by a match-up with newly healthy Sidney Crosby and the best team in hockey right now, the Pittsburgh Penguins. On Tuesday the 29th, the Rangers will face off against the 12-6-3 Penguins in a game that should be a great one.

I predict the Rangers will go 2-1-1 in the four games. What do you think?