Anton Stralman Will Make New York Rangers Debut Tonight

ATLANTA - NOVEMBER 04: Anton Stralman #6 of the Columbus Blue Jackets battles for the puck against Eric Boulton #36 of the Atlanta Thrashers at Philips Arena on November 4 2010 in Atlanta Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers announced that defenseman Anton Stralman will be in the line-up tonight, and make his Rangers debut. Stralman signed a one-year deal with the New York Rangers on November 5th, 2011. Since than he has been training and adapting to the Rangers system.

Tonight will be his first game in Ranger Blue, and he hopes to prove himself out there. However, there has been no mention of who will be scratched in his presence. My guess is that it will either be Jeff Woywitka or Steve Eminger. Anton Stralman played with the Columbus Blue Jackets last season recording one goal and 17 assists, along with 22 penalty minutes.

He will likely start tonight's game on the third pairing, with either Steve Eminger or Jeff Woywitka. Also the other day during practice, Stralman was on the point with the first power play unit, so he may see some time there tonight.

Be sure to check out our official announcement regarding the Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys, and our contest. Also be sure to look at tonight's keys to the game article!